Todd Research Career Opportunities
As Technical Manager you will be responsible for overseeing the technical team ensuring the best quality of product is produced. Create and implement an ethical compliance business strategy that delivers exceptional standards. You will be responsible for legal and safety requirements of all products, test reporting, factory management, attending sourcing, development, and compliance meetings in the UK and internationally, quality control and sourcing all products such as x-ray generators, electronic components. As a valued member of the management team, you will report directly to the company’s Director and work very closely with all internal teams.
- Leads internal factory team and field engineering team.
- Carry out Health and Safety risk identification and assessments.
- Ensuring the production of finished goods is appropriately controlled to ensure compliance
- Controlling non-conformances and investigating any quality issues fully
- Run all engineering meetings
- Give Technical advice to Field Engineers
- Write Technical support guides and manuals
Essential knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Previous technical management experience
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model.
- Inspires co-workers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
- Experience leading and developing a team
- Be able to proactively identify and analyse problems and propose commercial solutions
- Demonstrable experience in a technical role within the mechanical and electrical engineering field
- Knowledge of mechanical design (sheet metal)
Knowledge of electrical design (schematics and circuits)
- Proven track record in a technical management role
- Proven people and team development track record
- Cross-functional experience highly desired with a desire to get hands on when required
- Graduate in a technical discipline
- Quality assurance
We are offering a starting salary of ETA £42,000.00 per annum with six-month probation period. This salary increases to ETA £45,000.00 after the probation period.
Background: Must be able to successfully pass an in-depth Security Clearance background check (SC vetting).
Computer literacy: Competency in use of all programs within MS Office Suite and aptitude for learning specialized software programs including but not limited to SAGE, Solid Works
About Todd Research Ltd
Todd Research Ltd is a global leader in threat detection and screening technologies for mail room, front of house reception areas, aviation, ports, and borders. With more than 70 years of experience, we deliver the solutions needed to protect society from the threat and illegal passage of explosives, prohibited weapons, contraband, toxic chemicals, and narcotics.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £42,000.00-£48,000.00 per year
- Company car
- Company pension
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cambridge: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Field Service Engineer Job description
As a workshop based Field Service Engineer (FSE), this individual must be team oriented and flexible, and actively seek to share information and assist their peers. Possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Demonstrate strong electro mechanical repair, troubleshooting methodology. Ability to read and follow electrical/mechanical schematics to assist in isolating fault to root cause component/assembly. Cross trains on products serviced in the field, and displays proficiency in servicing both the Walk-Through Metal Detector (WTMD) and X-Ray product line (full product training will be given to the right candidate). Eagerness to work on special projects, some of high visibility, and/or in direct support of applicable project lead, as assigned. Looks for common-mode problem occurrences and seeks to resolve, both independently and with the aid of others. Have a working knowledge of business PC applications (MS Word, Excel & Power Point) and able to effectively use them to provide clear, concise information summaries as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
SPECIFIC DUTIES, ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Troubleshooting, service, install and repair both Walk-Through Metal Detector (WTMD) and X-Ray equipment at customer sites. When not on travel, individual will provide assistance to the Workshop Technical Support staff. Demonstrates initiative and dedication through positive use of downtime and an overall willingness and eagerness to consistently exceed customer and company requirements. Conducts follow up calls as and when required with the customer to ensure satisfaction of work. Job may involve overseas or UK travel with up to three weeks, but typical 1 or 2, working away from home per month , sometimes at short notice.
- Responsible for meeting daily service repair needs and driving customer satisfaction
- Installs, repairs and maintains equipment in the field; provides customer training as required.
- Documents all inspections, maintenance, repair work and submits paperwork in a timely basis
- Order, install, and return parts and manages repair/PM parts cycle time
- Participates in Service Sales opportunities and assists with promoting and implementing revenue programs.
- Ensures that tools and test equipment are properly maintained and calibrated
- Assesses product/equipment performance based on field support data; recommends modifications or improvements.
- Seeks to provide technical support to customers and other service professionals as required.
- May participate in site surveys, attend meetings, champion special projects and prepare exclusive reports.
- Possesses a solid level of technical knowledge on X-Ray technologies.
- Maintains clear and concise business communication proficiency, both oral and written
- Establishes and maintains a close relationship with other FSE’s and Product Managers in order to support the needs of the customer and remain aware of current technical trends.
- Exercises every available measure to control and minimize costs.
- Travel, and work hours other than Monday-Friday may be required.
- Comply with and ensure department compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies.
- Other duties as required.
Education/Training: Degree or Related Trade Certification (electrical, electronic, mechanical) or Military Training (electrical, mechanical, electronics). Equivalence achieved through comparative work and life experience is acceptable (>3 years work experience in a related electrical or mechanical field service role).
Computer literacy: Competency in use of all programs within MS Office Suite and aptitude for learning specialized software programs.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years experience directly involved in troubleshooting and field repair of electrical and electronic systems and equipment.
Knowledge/Skills: Individuals shall possess excellent communications skills and have a strong orientation for customer focus and teamwork. Must be responsive to all customer issues at all times. Must be willing & able to travel at short notice, including overseas.
Supervises: While supervision is not considered a primary responsibility of this position, there may be instances where supervision of others on a project basis may be required
Background: Must be able to successfully pass an in depth Security Clearance background check (SC vetting).
Location: ideally located within a 25 mile radius of Cambridgeshire but no more then 100 mile. The offce is located in Bar Hill CB23.
- Possess excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal skills with the ability to multi task several projects at once.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to handle stressful situations.
- Self-motivated, reliable, and accountable individual
- Possess excellent telephone skills
- Ability to lift item up to 50 lbs. unassisted
Work environment is typically considered to be off-site, wherever the customer of concern is located, including overseas.
C £35k-£45k plus benefits including Company car (supplied car or monthly car allowance of £500 per month), Company uniform, tools, mobile phone, laptop, overseas allowance, sales leads commission scheme, pension scheme, discounted health insurance and in service life insurance.
About Todd Research Ltd
Todd Research Ltd is a global leader in threat detection and screening technologies for mail room, front of house reception areas, aviation, ports and borders. With more than 70 years of experience, we deliver the solutions needed to protect society from the threat and illegal passage of explosives, prohibited weapons, contraband, toxic chemicals and narcotics.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £35,000.00-£45,000.00 per year
- Company car
- Company pension
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
Work Location: In person
To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to [email protected]