Is your business in need of a state-of-the-art detection solution, but you’re not quite sure where to start? Is your existing system out of date and in desperate need of an upgrade? This blog post aims to demystify the selection process and give you an idea of what to expect once you reach out to us. Todd Research has been at the forefront of the X-ray detection industry for over 70 years, and we pride ourselves on being able to cater to each customer’s individual detection requirements, providing a more personalised service instead of the one-size fits all approach.
It’s question time
Once submitted, your enquiry will be directed to one of our dedicated product experts who are fully trained in our entire line of innovative products. The Todd Research team has years of experience across a range of sectors and will work with you to assemble a personalised security solution. The very first step is to arrange a consultation. This can take place over the phone if necessary, but a site visit is always preferred as it allows us to gain on-the-job experience of your process, premises and workforce, helping us identify the most suitable technologies for your application. In preparation for the consultation, it’s worth considering the questions below, as the answers will all feed into the decision-making process:
- Why do you need detection technology? Has a risk assessment flagged areas of concern which need to be addressed? Is the need for increased security in response to a recent threat? Perhaps you work in a sector where particular mitigative measures are legally required? Over the years we’ve learned that varying motivations can often require vastly differing solutions.
- What’s the threat? Put simply, what do you need to identify? Is it weapons? Suspicious powders? Or something else entirely? The prohibited item or substance in question may require the use of a specific technology, mobile trace detectors for identifying explosives or our cabinet X-ray scanners for the identification of powders, for example.
- What are you scanning? Is it mail? Cargo? Luggage? People even? Whatever the application, we can supply the solution, including everything from vehicle scanners to hand-held metal detectors.
- How busy are you? Do you have a steady stream of items to monitor throughout the day? Or will you be scanning sporadically without pressing timescales? This could mean the difference between a top-of-the-line conveyer system and one of our more affordable cabinet scanners.
- Where will the solution be placed? In other words, how much free space do you have? Sometimes the choice of equipment can boil down to simple dimensional analysis – which product will fit! And, if space really is an issue, there’s always one of our compact X-ray systems.
To buy, or not to buy?
After an initial consultation, you’ll receive a comprehensive quote which, along with your ideal security solution, will detail our procurement options. Leasing is becoming an increasingly popular choice since it comes with distinct advantages over buying the product outright. Firstly, much like a car lease, it gives you the option to upgrade to the latest and greatest model at the end of a set period of time, ensuring that you stay up to date with the most current threat detection technologies. Secondly, our leasing options are completely flexible. We know that circumstances can rapidly change – especially with regards to security – so if you suddenly require a more expansive solution, we can accommodate this without having to wait until your existing contract expires. But of course, if you’d rather buy outright – as a significant proportion of our customers still prefer to do – you absolutely can!
A supporting role
Our support doesn’t end once the contract changes hands, and we offer comprehensive training on all of our equipment after installation, including the legally required radiation protection supervisor certification. Not only that but, if you’ve signed up for our Gold maintenance package, we’ll continue to keep your equipment in top shape and offer additional staff training throughout the duration of the plan – ideal if you have a steady stream of new employees. We also provide access to our unique set of online courses, ensuring that even staff with the most antisocial shift patterns can take part.
Don’t be shy
Hopefully this blog post has given some an insight into what to expect once you reach out to us. Our consultation process has been refined over many years, and is designed for us to learn the ins and outs of your application so that we can recommend the perfect solution for you. So, no matter what your application, get in touch, and know that you’re in safe hands with Todd Research.